Form-A-Tread Company, a division of RGF Materials Co (LLC) manufactures Form-A-Tread, Form-A-Tread GLOW and Form-A-Tread SL (Self Leveling), proven safety products that have permanent adhesion to all common building surfaces. They can be applied to new and existing stairs, ramps, ladders and vehicles to significantly increase personal safety, traction and visibility.
CODE COMPLIANCE: Architects, Engineers, Building Owners and Safety Professionals use Form-A-Tread to meet the following U.S Standards and Building Codes:
- ICC A117.1-2017, paragraph 504.6 Visual Contrast
- ANSI A117.1, Section 504 Stairways
- IBC 2018 Section 1011 Stairways, Paragraph 1011.5.4.1 Nonuniform Height Risers.
Form-A-Tread GLOW is a Patented, permanent, 1 coat, and non skid, photoluminescent epoxy that complies with ASTM E2072 and meets the following Building Codes:
- IBC 2018 Construction Code, Section 1025 Luminous Egress Path Markings, Paragraphs 1025.2.1 and 1025.4(2)
- NYC Buildings Construction Codes, Section BC 1024, Luminous Egress Path Markings, Paragraphs 1024.2.1 and 1024.2.2 Horizontal Leading Edges of Steps and Landings and 1024.4(2) for Emergency Egress applications
- Numerous City and State Building Codes
Due to its proven durability in high traffic locations like Disney World, Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium, Form-A-Tread is a far superior alternative to non-skid tape or paint. It is especially applicable to upgrading safety on existing surfaces and is more economical compared to new construction or installation of aluminum non skid nosing.